5th International Workshop in Clinical Forensic Medicine
Diagnosis and Asessment of Child and Adult Sexual abuse and Eldery Mistreatment and abuse
Ljubljana, 12-13 May, 2017
Dear colleagues and friends!
I have the honor to invite you to attend the 5th International Workshop in Clinical Forensic Medicine. Two years ago the workshop circle ended at its beginning in Montpellier and we are glad to start a new one. This will be again the first of four workshops dealing with victims of sexual and physical violence, neglect and child mistreatment. The aim of the upcoming symposium is to exchange ideas and learning different approaches in treatment and care of sexual assault victims.
Conference Venue: Symposium will be held from 12-13 May, 2017, at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Korytkova 2, Ljubljana.
The Faculty of Medicine is Slovenian main educational institution in the fields of medicine and dentistry. It is also a leading research institution in the fields of biomedical sciences.
Ljubljana is the political and cultural heart of the Slovenian nation. It is an important European commercial, business, exhibition and congressional city as well as transport, scientific and educational center of Slovenia.
We look forward to welcoming you in Ljubljana to an excellent educational and inspiring experience.
Assoc. prof. Tomaž Zupanc, MD, PhD.
Chair of the Organizing Committee
The present course aims in providing specialized and practical training in the physical evaluation of sexual abuse of children and adults and eldery mistreatment and abuse, with a series of lectures and practicals on models and on real case material.
The course is meant for all professionals of the clinical and medico legal fields and court experts who wish to gain up to date information and practical experiences.
- Epidemiology: prevalence, risk factors, …..
- Focus on child sexual abuse: introduction, examination practical guidelines, signs, documentation, classifications, interpretation, medico legal reporting, …
- Focus on adult sexual abuse: introduction, examination practical guidelines, signs, documentation, interpretation, medico legal reporting, …
- Focus on eldery mistreatment and abuse: judicial and social aspects, clinical forensic diagnosis, examination practical guidelines, medico legal reporting, victims care, psychological aspects and care of family violence
- Cases reports and practicals
17 April 2017 – Early registration fee deadline
26 March 2017 – Abstract Submission deadline